Web media blocks, where are they cached?[Solved]

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Jeppe Bloch

Web media blocks, where are they cached?[Solved]

Postby Jeppe Bloch » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:31 am

Hallo.

My install have downloaded a corrupt web media block file and now insist on using it when i re-run the installation. Where can i delete this web media block? Ive tried to search for *.7zip but it didnt turn up anything. Where exactly are they saved once downloaded?

I can understand from the documentation that media files are deleted upon uninstall but my install never got far enough to actualy install anything because the program incased in the web media block failed to run due to corruption on the download. Now i cant get the installation to redownload it because it uses some cached version on the local system.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Jeppe Bloch on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

neillans

Postby neillans » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:45 pm

The media files are stored in the Internet Explorer cache as our download mechanism makes use of the standard Windows API's. Simply clear your cache, and fire up your installer again.
Andy Neillans

rev23dev

Re: Web media blocks, where are they cached?[Solved]

Postby rev23dev » Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:21 pm

How do you do this in Windows 11? I can't access IE to clear cache?

JohnGaver

Re: Web media blocks, where are they cached?[Solved]

Postby JohnGaver » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:15 pm

Please launch the legacy Control Panel (Run | control) and click Internet Options to view the Internet Properties dialog.

BTW you'd hardly need to do this manually, as Web Media Blocks prompt end-users when extractions fail, offering the option to either retry the extraction, or download a fresh copy of the data - the latter of which would automatically get rid of the errant cached Web Media Block.

InstallAware Multi Platform doesn't use the IE download engine for obvious cross-platform rooted reasons, but it'll still offer the same two options above when it's own previously/partially downloaded Web Media Blocks fail to extract properly.
John Gaver
InstallAware Skunkworks
InstallAware Multi Platform - Liberating DEB/RPM/PKG/MSI(X) into universal native setups!
Get your free copy today - https://www.installaware.com/installaware-multi-platform.htm

Return to “Technical Support”