Variables not appearing in order when localized

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
sdeschenes

Variables not appearing in order when localized

Postby sdeschenes » Fri May 08, 2009 11:47 am

I have noticed the values in the Set Variable Command section are not in the same order as they would appear in the setup script. For example, the string "Installing $TITLE$" appears at line 192 of the setup script, but is the second string in the Set Variable Command section.

Also, in my installer script, I have some variables holding string values and more than one variable may hold the same string value (for example: Var1 = Hello; Var2 = Hello). Now when I localize my setup and go into the InstallAware Translator, in the Set Variable Command section, how do I determine which value is set to which variable?

In addition, it seems comments get localized along with all the variables. Now, I have a lot of comments in my script and when I localize my script, the comments appear as blank lines when viewed in the InstallAware Translator. And because of these blank lines, there are a lot of gaps appearing between the variables in the Set Variable Command section.

It would be nice if InstallAware and the Translator would ignore comments it encounters during the localization process. Also, the Translator should list the variables in the order they appear in the setup script.

sdeschenes

Postby sdeschenes » Fri May 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Please ignore my post on comments being localized. The blank lines appearing in the Set Variable Command section are variables that have been set to nothing.

Return to “Technical Support”